North Wales Hydro Power is committed not only to developing renewable energy sources but also to maintaining high environmental standards in all its operations.
We have been awarded the Green Dragon Environmental Management System Level 2, demonstrating that commitment, in line with our Environmental Policy.
North Wales Hydro Power Ltd is one of Wales’ premier suppliers of hydro-electricity generation schemes. With experience in design, engineering, planning and construction of these schemes we aim to provide more renewable energy to Wales whilst supporting a more diverse land use for owners.
With offices in Abergele and Shrewsbury we operate across North Wales and provide schemes which utilise the area’s high rainfall and mountainous landscape to provide carbon-free fuel to local people.
Consequently environmental concerns are at the very forefront of our business and we are committed to reducing our own impacts in everything we do.
We hereby commit to:
- Continually improve our own environmental performance through the implementation and maintenance of an environmental management system;
- Set annual environmental improvement targets;
- Prevent pollution, especially of waterways, minimise noise and impact on our neighbours;
- Improving our own environmental footprint as well as reducing the carbon footprint of the local economy;
- Follow the waste hierarchy wherever possible; seeking to minimise on waste sent to landfill;
- Take legal compliance as a minimum, keep all staff informed of their environmental responsibilities and communicate our performance to interested parties;
- Investigate new ways to make our schemes or sustainable such as through use of sustainable building supplies and new HEP technologies, as they arise;
- Become a carbon neutral company.
Please click here to open our Environmental Policy.